Knowledge transfer is an important aspect of project management. It is not uncommon to need to pass information from one person to another during a project life cycle. The following is a partial list of the key points to consider during the knowledge transfer process. Download this project management template from my website.
Your Check List
- Conduct project schedule walk through
- Review MS Project ® Schedule’s Milestones & Deliverables
- Review MS Project ® Schedule’s External Dependencies
- Review MS Project ® Schedule’s special formats, calculations, and macros if any have been configured for the project
- Review existing processes and procedures for collecting weekly schedule updates
- Review existing processes and procedures for collecting status, including changes, action items, issues & risks.
- Provide project organization chart as well as company organization chart
- Provide contact list that include name, e-mail, work telephone number and cell telephone number or alternate telephone number.
- Identify the access that will be needed to project repositories, secure websites, or other tools used.