Free Project Management Templates and Successful PM Resources

Learn how project management templates will help you be successful, as well as gain insight into free productivity tips, and techniques.

Monday, April 06, 2009

Change is here but to be effective we need integrity too!

The company that I am working at recently reorganized and now I report to a different manager. Personally I like change. I realize that it is natural and healthy, but it would be best if change follows basic rules of integrity. For example, I noticed years ago that many businesses operate in a way that is highly questionable, and through the years I have witnessed these businesses fail due to the lack of implementing the basic rules of integrity.

What is meant by the phrase 'basic rules of integrity'? Well it is simple. It means operating and managing honestly and fairly, which from my observations is rare. It means hiring qualified people not someone you know or because someone else knows that person and you want to score points with the other person. It means realizing that people who seek "power" and who want to control others simply have an unhealthy relationship with their ego and are in fact the most unqualified. Hiring someone who is 'all talk' is a blatent error many make. Also hiring someone simply becuase they read a book about the topic and may have taken a test on the subject is also a mistake. Reading about something and actually doing the job are two very different things. I once met a very successful business man who said 'I never select someone who projects their energy at me for a position. Choose the humble qualified person instead.'

In order to be successful people simply need to do the right thing. If that has not occured in your orgnaization then now is the time for change, however change with integrity in order to be successful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home